- FSH has a deserved reputation for well-organised fundraising events
- The charity started with a Christmas Fair in 1995 to raise money to help build the Martlets Hospice in Hove
- From this it grew to support all hospices serving the people of East Sussex and Brighton & Hove and in 2001 became a registered charity as Friends of East Sussex Hospices
- In 2012 it expanded to become Sussex-wide, encompassing an additional two hospices and one care-at-home provider for children with life-threatening or terminal illnesses
- It has to date distributed over £2.6 million
- Distribution is based on the episodes of care delivered to residents of Sussex.